HOME    ABOUT    INSPIRATION    SUBSCRIBE   

Monday, October 8, 2012

eight years..

Eight years ago, on the most perfect fall evening, Derek took me to the movies and asked me to be his girlfriend. 

It seems like just yesterday that I was picking out the perfect outfit and spending hours in front of the mirror getting ready for that night. I was full of butterflies, but I felt like I had already known Derek for my whole life. 

If you had asked me then if I thought that one day I would walk into our living room and see Derek on one knee, asking me to be his wife, I probably would have just giggled.

Well here we are, eight years later, and a few months ago I turned the corner in our apartment, truly, completely, absolutely unsuspecting, and there he was..on one knee! He was smiling from ear to ear, with the most incredibly beautiful ring in his hand, and I’m sure he said some very sweet words but I don’t think I was listening to them very well. All I remember were the four words that I had dreamed of hearing for so long... “Will you marry me?"

Eight years later and I love him more than I ever thought possible. 

Eight years later I still wake up and pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming and that this is real.


homecoming -- October 2005

Christmas 2006


Cologne, Germany -- Summer 2008


Summer 2009




Negril, Jamaica -- August 2012

I am so happy that I met Derek when I did, and I am grateful for all the years of memories that I got to make with my best friend.

This year, we got engaged! We celebrated our engagement in Jamaica. We moved into a beautiful and spacious new apartment and Derek was admitted to graduate school.

Our eighth year together was pretty amazing and I can't wait to see what the next year brings!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Follow Me on Pinterest